The constructions of Sri Lanka’s largest oil refinery will commence next year.

Share Button

Minister Mahinda Amaraweera says that the construction of the country’s largest oil refinery will begin next year. Only 30 percent of the fuel requirement of the country is refined at present in the country. The remaining 70 percent is imported. While attending a function to launch constructions of the Mulana, Dikwala bridge Minister Mahinda Amaraweera said that the country spends a huge amount of money to import refined fuel. The Minister said that it will meet the need for another large scale oil refinery in the country. He said that the decision was taken following a discussion with President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa last week. It has been confirmed that there is a natural gas deposit in Mannar following explorations. The government has paid its attention on expediting mining of the natural gas deposit. He further said that the government plans to construct two new power plants by the end of this year. He said that plans will be implemented to make the Electricity Board profitable

Share Button

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

COVID-19 Situation Report
2020-Jul-13 | 08:07

Total Confirmed Cases - 2,617
Active Cases - 625
New Cases - 00
Total number of individuals in hospitals - 99
Recovered & Discharged - 1,981
Deaths - 11