Former head of the State Intelligence reveals that information on Easter Sunday attacks was not discussed at intelligence meetings

Share Button

Former Head of the National Intelligence has told the Commission to Inquire into Easter Sunday Attacks that information on the Easter Sunday attacks was not discussed at the intelligence meeting. Former National Intelligence Head Sisira Mendis gave evidence at the Commission yesterday. Meanwhile, a recording of a telephone conversation between former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando and former Director of the State Intelligence Service Nilantha Jayawardena was played before the commission for the first time yesterday. The commission suspected whether the telephone conversation recorded by the former Director of the State Intelligence Service attempted to cover up the persons who did not take measures to prevent the attacks when there had been warnings. The Chairman of the Commission has ordered the Police Investigation Unit the commission to take into their custody the personal mobile phone of the former Head of the State Intelligence Service to find whether there are more recorded conversations. Our reporter said that the wife of the former State Intelligence Service Director arrived at the commission yesterday and handed over the mobile phone. Former Director of the State Intelligence Service Senior DIG Nilantha Jayawardena arrived at the commission yesterday for the 22nd time to give evidence.

Share Button

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *